Failure Across State Lines

No sense in being coy about it, today I was LAZY! I got up too late, didn't work out this morning, all the while knowing that I was headed to Boston for a work trip. After a tapas dinner we are back at the room and it is 9:30p. I foolishly thought "I'll just go explore the fitness room after dinner." This week is not going to go well if it keeps going like today. 

Being in a new place is hard on routines. There is no comfortable workout spot that you know in and out and it feels like you're starting over at a new school. I've got to find a way to make this work. I think the first step is to familiarize myself with the fitness room so that tomorrow morning I can go down without feeling like I am feeling my way through a dark room. 

The next step is to remember that this is all a part of who I am now. I am not someone who chooses to stay in bed when I should be walking or hell something even more strenuous... like running.... I need to crave this and I'm getting close. The weekends feel like I am getting away with something because I don't exercise like I do during the week. 

Today was not a day that I will celebrate because it was so productive. Today was one of those days when I set out with the best intentions knowing that circumstance was going give me the excuse I needed not to follow through. 

I weighed myself this morning and I am still at 199-200lbs. I have been hovering in the same spot for so long now and it is because I am not pushing myself. It is because I am still in "just do it" mode and I haven't put much focus on how good the exercise is for me, I only focus on the fact that I am doing it. In an effort to stop this I am going to explore the gym. Tomorrow I am going to get my ass out of bed and I am going to work that gym like only a Maine girl can. Then I am going to go to the Hubspot conference and work out my brain so that by the time I get back to Maine on Thursday, I feel like I can do anything, even if circumstance tries to laugh in my chubby little face. Bring it on circumstance. We are only just beginning.... 

<3Katie
Day 69
199lbs
Feeling like I'm 19 again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Jillian Michaels...

Best Delivery Guy Ever

You want me to lift WHAT off the floor?!